Joe Seymour Joins Expanding KRA Ranks of NAWDP Award Winners
Confirming, once again, that KRA attracts the most outstanding professionals in our industry, Joseph L. Seymour has won the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals 2015 Professional Development Award that “recognizes individuals who have been instrumental in designing and implementing professional development initiatives that enhance the knowledge, skills and competencies of workforce development professionals.”
Kimberley Staley, KRA Vice President & Director of Client Services, and CTWorks/American Job Center (AJC) Program Manager, commented, “Joe’s incredible creativity and talent significantly impact, not just our program’s staff and customers, but thousands of industry professionals across the country.
Besides Joe, our program has proudly celebrated a 2013 Professional Development Award winner, Beth McCabe, as well as Mary Hennessey, winner of the 2014 Jodi Spiegel Enhancement of Customer Service Award, which in 2013, was won by another KRA employee!”
Joe joined CTWorks/AJC–operated by KRA for Capital Workforce Partners (CWP)–in 2009, and by the following year was already creating presentations and workshops in myriad areas of professional development. The value of Joe’s contributions–from local- to national-level workforce development venues–are testaments to his unparalleled initiative and dedication.
Some of Joe’s accomplishments include:
- Received CWP Workforce Stars’ 2013 Workforce Professional Award;
- Co-created video-based e-learning program that impacts more than 80 CTWorks/AJC staff and 3,000+ jobseekers annually;
- Conducted more than 500 Job-Readiness/Job-Search Skills Workshops for thousands of CTWorks/AJC customers;
- Facilitated Professional Development Seminars for the City of Hartford;
- Featured on Fox 61 Morning News “Hire Ground”, focused on work-preparedness skills for Connecticut jobseekers;
- Co-developed the KRA Quality Service Model that underpins every facet of company operations.
According to Joe, “I was completely surprised and taken aback when I received the award notification! I am truly grateful to KRA, to Ms. Staley, and to NAWDP for providing me the ‘platforms’ on which to grow and to discover my God-given talents. I am humbled by the opportunities I’ve had to be mentored, to become a mentor, and to contribute to the development of dedicated industry professionals and the customers we all serve.”