In addition to the June 10 Virtual Hiring/Resource Event [WAJC], convened collaboratively with the West Town Community Committee, and the June 25 Career Empowerment Workshop [WAJC/CWEC], other June WAJC events include:
- Mondays – WIOA and ConstructionWorks Training Orientation.
- Tuesdays – Combined JRT on Resumes (Learning the importance of using a critical eye to critique current resume or use knowledge gained to develop a new resume.) and Interviewing (Understanding the distinct difference between an “interviewee” and an “educated interviewee”.)
- Wednesdays – Financial Literacy Workshop (The importance of self-reflection on current financial spending and future financial goals.)
The CWEC schedule includes:
- Wednesdays – WIOA and ConstructionWorks Training Orientation at 10:00 am and Financial Literacy Workshop at 2:00 pm.
- Thursdays – Combined JRT on Resumes and Interviewing.
Ms. Kelly Butler, KRA/Chicago Trainer and Special Projects Coordinator, commented, “Even though increased utilization of Zoom and other virtual platforms for selected events was initiated to comply with COVID-19 physical-distancing requirements, we have found these resources to be, for the most part, effective communication venues.
However, on June 11, Illinois is entering Phase 5 of its Re-opening Plan, which will provide the service-delivery flexibility the KRA/Chicago programs once had. In collaboration with the Partnership, we will examine our Post-Pandemic Transition Plan and decide which services will continue to be provided on a virtual, or hybrid basis, and which will be resumed in their pre-pandemic manner.”
Miss some Latest News articles? Check out the KRA Blog!