In March 2016, the KRA San Diego Metro Career Centers, operated for the San Diego Workforce Partnership, launched Searching in San Diego, the Centers’ official podcast for on-demand access to the most up-to-date workforce-services information and resources of interest to both job-seeking professionals and employers.
Highlighting “workforce topics, trends, and tips you need to know on the go”, the Searching in San Diego Podcast is hosted by Diana Saldivar, KRA Social Media & Communications Coordinator, and supported by a cadre of KRA Career Development, Business Services, Facilitation, and Special Projects Coordinators, whose own experiences, many times, contribute to episode development.
To date, 39 podcasts have aired, the last 11 focusing on these eye-opening and motivating workforce-services topics:
- Helping People With Disabilities Find Good Jobs
- When is it a Good Time to Quit an Interview
- The 5 P’s to Success
- Identifying Skills That Can Lead to a New or Related Career
- What You Need to Know When Packing for the Perfect Job
- How I Got the Job
- How Goodwill Helps Veterans and Civilians Get Jobs
- Taking Risks for Bigger Opportunities
- Finding the Support You Need in Your Job Search
- How to Obtain a State Job in California
- 3 Secrets of Successful Job Seekers.
Searching in San Diego is accessible through the Metro Career Centers website, as well as multiple SoMe outlets. So, listen, subscribe, share, comment, and “like” all of the exciting and informative podcasts through Soundcloud, and/or download them via iTunes and Google Play.
Also, anyone can be a guest on the podcast! We all have a story, an expert opinion, or updates to share in the industry. To arrange for your first podcast recording, please contact Diana Saldivar at DianaS@workforce.org.