A nationwide effort spearheaded by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, Workforce Development Council—of which KRA President & CEO Knowlton R. Atterbeary is a member—Workforce Development Week (WDW), January 23-27, promotes the invaluable services offered through Workforce Development Boards across the country.
To maximize impact, the Workforce Development Council’s Target Population Communications Task Group suggests several WDW activities that program administrators and communications professionals can implement to advocate for their special-needs customers.
The Task Group recommends a coordinated, nationwide campaign, utilizing some of the ideas below, in addition to your own creative WDW plans:
- Use WDW to connect with local, regional, and state officials.
- Conduct WDW Open Houses to showcase the valuable services available to employer- and jobseeker-customers.
- Hold a WDW Special Event that focuses specifically on your target-population demographic.
- Submit op-ed articles and/or press releases to local media outlets that illustrate your contribution to the community
- Use #WkDevWeek when employing SoMe resources.
Our clients, community partners, and customers deserve a successful results-oriented WDW!